Our journey takes us west of Sydney, visiting the leading regional art galleries and cultural centres of the region.
From the innovative contemporary art scene of Western Sydney to the significant collections of Australian art in Bathurst, Orange and Penrith, we will experience the cultural vibrancy of regional NSW.
Explore the rich artistic legacy of Hill End, near Bathurst, which has been the country base for some of Australia’s most important artists since the late 1940s.
We visit the Orange Regional Gallery and Orange Museum, and hear about the ambitions for The Foundations Portland to develop the former cement works as a major cultural centre.
Learn about the history of Penrith Regional Gallery, the former home of leading modernist sculptor Gerald Lewers and painter Margo Lewers, with its beautiful heritage gardens and significant Australian modernist collection.
AT A GLANCE:
* Visit the leading regional art galleries west of Sydney, in Penrith, Bathurst and Orange
* Experience the vibrancy of the contemporary art scene of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains
* Delight in the beautiful heritage gardens of the Penrith Regional Gallery by the Nepean River
* Taste the best of local produce the region has to offer
* Enrich your understanding and appreciation of Australian art history